[llvm-dev] Is there any library for RPC on IR type system?

Shen Liu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 7 12:11:29 PST 2016

Hi all,

I am trying to do RPC(remote procedure call) between two processes and the
serialization/deserialization interfaces is for C type system. What i am
wondering is whether there is a good library for me to finish the RPC work
on LLVM IR type systems directly?

I am using LLVM 3.5, but i notice that in the newest LLVM version there is
an experimental utility called llvm::orc::remote (for RPC
<http://llvm.org/docs/doxygen/html/classllvm_1_1orc_1_1remote_1_1RPCChannel.html>)
that
seems powerful and fits IR types well. Did someone ever use this
functionality before? If yes can you give me some hints or example programs
showing me how to use them? I tried to search related stuff on google but
failed to find any example program showing me how to use these RPC APIs.
Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Shen