[llvm-dev] How Alias Analysis Results is passed to `AAEvalLegacyPass`

Zhijian Huang via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 6 11:20:41 PST 2016

Hi, everyone,

I am quite new to LLVM and I want to use LLVM alias results in my project.

As indicated in the http://llvm.org/docs/AliasAnalysis.html#id41, the
`aa-eval`, `-print-alias-sets`, `count-aa` passes are used for debugging.
However, when I compared the results of  `opt -basicaa -aa-eval <
simple_prog.bc` and `opt -aa-eval < simple_prog.bc`, I found the output
lines(stderr) have nothing in differece.

When I look into the code of AliasAnalysisEvaluator.cpp, which is the code
for `aa-eval` commands, I found that in the body of the AAEvalLegacyPass,
AAResultsWrapperPass is the host for the results. In the runOnFuction of
AAResultsWrapperPass, it seems that all the available passes are included.
So my question is how the `basicaa` is affect  the `aa-eval` after it.

Regards,
Zhijian