[llvm-dev] Tarballs for 3.9.1rc2 pre-release

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Dec 3 14:17:45 PST 2016

On 3 December 2016 at 17:23, Hahnfeld, Jonas via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> I think you got that wrong: Tom announced the tagging, not the availability of
> the release candidate.

I think the confusing thing here is that the email was sent to
llvm-dev and cfe-dev inviting people to test it.

Maybe we should move to a schedule where the internal testing for the
release candidates is only announced in the release-testers list, and
whenever we all test and upload (and the release manager then moves it
publicly), we announce on the dev lists.

Tom, Hans, would that be a good idea?

Anyone wanting to participate on the internal testing should sign up
for that list anyway. Anyone participating on the public testing can
remain on the dev lists.

cheers,
--renato