[llvm-dev] [RFC] Interprocedural MIR-level outlining pass

Daniel Berlin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 31 17:02:57 PDT 2016

(and in particular, the definition of equivalence used by code folding to
make the dags is STH like  "two VNDAG expressions are equivalent if their
operands come from VNDAG expressions with the same opcode")

Thus,

VN2 = VN0 + VN1
VN3 = VN1 + VN2

is considered equivalent to

VN2 = VN0 + VN5
VN3 = VN1 + VN2

Despite the fact that this is completely illegal for straight redundancy
elimination.

But again, as I said if y'all want to make a pass that basically generates
a new type of expression DAG, have fun :)

(I'm going to just leave this thread be now)