[llvm-dev] Annotating DAG with locations for specific machine instructions

Tyro Software via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 29 04:07:36 PDT 2016

I have a target-specific LoopPass which checks loops to see whether some
machine-specific instructions can be profitably used and needs to mark them
in a way that can easily be seen during machine instruction lowering. So
what I imagine could work is inserting pseudo-instructions, e.g. at the end
of the loop header - but I haven't seen how to do this through IRBuilder or
recognized an equivalent action being performed on other targets. Please
point me at an example of this approach (or educate me on why it's never
going to work...)