[llvm-dev] CFLAA

David Callahan via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 25 18:34:48 PDT 2016

Hi Jia, nice to meet you,

On 8/25/16, 6:22 PM, "Jia Chen" <jchen at cs.utexas.edu> wrote:

>Hi David,
>
>I am the one who's responsible for CFLAA's refactoring in the summer.
>I've sent out another email on llvm-dev, and you can find more about my
>work in my GSoC final report.

Is this report available?

>I think it is fantastic that you have done such an interesting work.
>I'll definitely try to help getting the code reviewed and merged in the
>current. After a quick glance at your patch, it seems that what you are
>trying to do there is an optimized version of CFL-Steens, with a custom
>way of handling context-sensitivity. I'll be happy if we can end up
>integrating it into the existing CFL-Steens pass

The work was more about improving the accuracy of the equivalencing step
then it
is about context sensitivity. In fact, it is only context-sensitive to the
extent there is simulated inlining. There is now downward propagation of
facts into called functions.

I wanted to share it incase there were lessons of value. It is not in a
very
clean state at the moment but I can clean it up. Let me know how I can
help.