[llvm-dev] LoopVectorize module - some possible enhancements

Nuzman, Dorit via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 24 01:24:23 PDT 2016

Hi Alex,

About the gather/scatter intrinsics mechanism: it is already supported (they are part of LLVM-IR), but each target has to decide whether to allow using them for auto-vectorization.
On X86, avx2 gathers are not enabled for vectorization due to cost considerations. With avx512, Gathers and Scatters are enabled for vectorization (so if you use -march=skx or -mavx512bw there's a chance you'll see them used).

Dorit