[llvm-dev] Designing on-disk ObjectCache for JIT

Lang Hames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 22 13:49:27 PDT 2016

Hi Pawel,

Do you have any suggestions about implementing on-disk ObjectCache for
> MCJIT/Orc? Anyone is able to point me to / share some existing code?

There is a demo implementation in llvm/tools/lli/lli.cpp, but I don't think
it goes beyond proof-of-concept.

I also noticed that recently "cache pruning" support was added to LLVM
> (ported from clang) [1]. Is it good idea to extent it to also manage saving
> and loading objects to disk and create full-featured on-disk cache engine?

I can imagine LTO and the JIT sharing some caching infrastructure. I
haven't had time to work on the caching problem yet, but I'd be very happy
to see more in-tree support for it.

Cheers,
Lang.