[llvm-dev] [RFC] GitHub Survey - Please review

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 19 16:36:41 PDT 2016

On 19 August 2016 at 23:50, Justin Bogner <mail at justinbogner.com> wrote:
> My point is still unaddressed - I wouldn't be able to answer this
> question as phrased. If we go with the multi-repo (as currently
> proposed) my answer is "very little change to workflow". If we go with
> most of the mono-repo proposals so far, my answer is "major change to
> workflow". If the survey is just "what does switching to git do to your
> workflow?", I simply can't answer at all.

What if we inverted the questions?

Actually, this question is only meaningful for the people *not*
wanting to move or *not* wanting one of the two alternatives.

So, if we make this one conditional on the mono-repo vs. sub-mods,
your point would have been addressed.

So, change to:

* Which option? mono, mods, neither?

* How much the one you didn't pick would affect your workflow? A lot,
some, nothing?

* Expand on your answer?

This way we don't need the 4 answers to the mono vs mods, nor we need
two free-text for the same question-ish.

Does that work?

--renato