[llvm-dev] extract_vector_elt type mismatch?

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 18 11:01:47 PDT 2016

On 18 August 2016 at 10:46, Matt Arsenault via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> I think this is just intended as a quirk for some weird targets that have a
> legal vector type, but the scalar type itself is not legal, so it requires
> an implicit extension when extracting it.

I think it's a pretty common RISC situation. I notice you deprecated
the mismatching types in r255359, but I don't really see an
alternative after type-legalization with the current nodes. I suppose
we could add ISD::EXTRACT_SEXT_VECTOR_ELEMENT and
ISD::EXTRACT_ZEXT_VECTOR_ELEMENT or something.

Tim.