[llvm-dev] fenv.h vs the optimizer

David Chisnall via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 18 01:47:38 PDT 2016

On 18 Aug 2016, at 09:12, Will via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Presumably this has never worked?  And perhaps LLVM is no worse than other compilers in this regard?

Correct, LLVM does not yet respect any of the floating point env stuff and clang does not support the related pragmas.

> Is there any appetite to fix it?  What kind of changes would need to be made?

It is likely to require new floating point operations and some auditing of the instructions.  I think various people who were interested in Fortran support will need something similar, as the C99 floating point environment stuff was intended to make porting Fortran code easier.

David