[llvm-dev] CodeView and "line 0" ?

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 17 11:43:54 PDT 2016

I've been playing with Fred Riss's "line 0" patch for DWARF
(https://reviews.llvm.org/D16569) but in adapting it for current trunk,
I find the DwarfDebug stuff has been refactored to allow either DWARF
or CodeView.  That's all good, but the question is whether the "line 0"
patch should be DWARF-specific or common.  The DWARF spec explicitly
states that code not associated with any particular source location
should be associated with line number 0.  I don't know what CodeView
(or debuggers that consume CodeView) would think of seeing "line 0" show
up in the debug info.

Does anybody know?
Thanks,
--paulr