[llvm-dev] llvm-config-3.8.1 --cflags added -pedantic

Henning Thielemann via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 15 01:54:25 PDT 2016

When switching from LLVM-3.8 to LLVM-3.8.1 (I use the Ubuntu packages) I
got a lot of warnings when compiling my code. It seems that that
`llvm-config --cflags` added e.g. the -pedantic flag. The pedantic flag
seems to remain in llvm-config-3.9. I wonder whether it is the business of
llvm-config to choose my compiler warnings. Was this change intended and
with what reasons?

Btw. the switch from llvm-3.8 to llvm-3.8.1 also removed
include/llvm/Config/config.h without previous deprecation. I think it is a
bad idea to do this in a bugfix release. I was always uncertain whether I
should include config.h or llvm-config.h and it seems I chose the wrong
one (namely config.h).