[llvm-dev] Builtins in projects/compiler-rt

Joerg Sonnenberger via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 11 05:49:25 PDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 06:00:17PM +0800, Zeson Wu via llvm-dev wrote:
> I want to use functions in compiler-rt/lib/builtins/ in powerpc64 in AIX.
> But I found they are not built in neither Linux nor AIX.

At least on Linux, libgcc(_s) is often used as RT implementation.  I
don't know what XLC is doing, so no idea about the AIX side of things.

The C version of builtins should be pretty portable, but some compiler
and target specific changes might be necessary. Assembler generally
assumes either ELF or MachO though, some parts might work with PE-COFF.

Joerg