[llvm-dev] [RFC] One or many git repositories?

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 10 05:30:27 PDT 2016

Folks,

Can we get the proposal settled u stead of discussing the merits of it?
Those in favour should write a document in /Proposals, propose on
phabricator, and get it ready for the survey.

I really really don't want to overshoot the survey and not having the two
proposals up would be a major blow to everything we're trying to achieve.

We need data. Discussions on the list won't give us that, the survey will.
The monorepo can be discussed to death and we won't have final agreement,
so please, let's get something written down and let's leave the opinions
for the survey and the US meeting.

It's already the 10th, we really need the survey to be out in ~20 days max.
Can we all focus on getting that rolling?

Thanks!
Renato