[llvm-dev] help please: how to sort the contents of a "SymbolTableListTraits<GlobalVariable>"?

Abe Skolnik via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 4 12:39:31 PDT 2016

On 08/04/2016 02:13 PM, Mehdi Amini wrote:

> The issue is that the “sort” method of iplist is delegating a bunch of things to SymbolTableListTraits, [...]

Thanks very much for explaining.

> Note: I don’t know why you needed a copy/move ctor for global value,
>  I was able to build with your “patch” to GlobalOpt.cpp without changing anything else.

That was probably due to a copy/move ctor being needed for {my attempts at building a working
"sort" for the GVs myself}.  None of those attempts worked, in the end, but there was more than
one failure modality.  Some of the attempts wouldn`t even compile without a copy/move ctor for
"GlobalVariable", which was understandable considering the code in question.

Regards,

Abe