[llvm-dev] help please: how to sort the contents of a "SymbolTableListTraits<GlobalVariable>"?

Daniel Berlin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 4 11:52:44 PDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Abe Skolnik via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On 08/04/2016 01:33 PM, David Majnemer wrote:
>
> You should never be copying or moving around Values.
>>

> Why not?  Is that because of this thing you also wrote in the same
> message: "use lists are allocated before the object"?

Among other things.

They are simply not currently built to be relocated.
attempts to do so will likely result in a huge mess.

my strong recommendation here would be to stop trying to go down this path,
and instead, if you want a sorted list, just put them in a separate
container and sort them.