[llvm-dev] Initial selection DAG creation (SelectionDAG.cpp) - output detailed debug info

Alex Susu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 2 18:05:57 PDT 2016

   Hello.
     In order to detect a problem in the initial selection DAG creation that I have in my
back end I need to output detailed debug info from the SelectionDAG.cpp module with all
the TableGen records that are being processed, and compare between a working back end and
my buggy back end.

     I can debug by adding myself DEBUG() statements in the visit*() methods of the
SelectionDAG.cpp module or by using GDB on this module.
     Did anybody try a better way for debugging the selection DAG creation within the
SelectionDAG.cpp module?

   Thank you,
     Alex