[llvm-dev] problems with cross-compiling ARM from x86 PC

李阳 via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 28 07:07:26 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

Since I need to cross compile LLVM to ARM from x86 PC, I follow the guide
[HowToCrossCompileLLVM.rst], and I still suffer from some problems.

1. About the Cmake option[-DLLVM_TABLEGEN], how do I replace
the <path-to-host-bin>? Do I need to compile the LLVM for X86 on X86 PC
first or install LLVM via apt-get on Ubuntu?

2. As mentioned about the hacks, I don't get any available ARM library
resources, such as "libinfo", "libxml2" . So could  anyone provide me with
some links/ suggestions?

3.  In my case, I download the llvm source from github, follow the guide in
the docs directory, compiling clang/llvm for x86 on x86, and the llvm
binaries can work.

     However when I compiling clang/llvm for ARM on x86, I specify the
<path-to-host-bin> as the bin/llvm-tblgen in the directory I just compiled
for x86. And the error shows "Host compiler appears to require libatomic,
but cannot find it".

So do you have suggestions for me? Thanks in advance!

Best,
Liyang