[llvm-dev] Missing clang-modernize in 3.8 (Debian 8 Jessie)

Nick Wiggill via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 26 13:39:23 PDT 2016

Thanks for your replies, gentlemen. I'm in good standing with my install,
then.

On the apt page <http://llvm.org/apt/>, it should not be suggested then to
"apt-get install [..etc..] clang-modernize-3.8 [..etc..]" (see under
"Install
(qualification branch)"). Should probably be updated - thank you Benjamin
for asking.

On 26 April 2016 at 18:28, Alexander Kornienko <alexfh at google.com> wrote:

> The docs are in a good shape in this regard:
>
> http://clang.llvm.org/extra/clang-modernize.html
>
> http://llvm.org/releases/3.8.0/tools/clang/tools/extra/docs/clang-modernize.html
>

> Apparently, it doesn't make the fact more discoverable though.
>
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Benjamin Kramer via llvm-dev <
> llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
>> clang-modernize was folded into clang-tidy and is no longer provided
>> as a separate package. Do we have outdated docs somewhere?
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Nick Wiggill via llvm-dev
>> <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>> > Hi, new to llvm/clang so forgive any errors on my part.
>> >
>> > For Debian 8 (Jessie), though all other packages have installed
>> > successfully, for clang modernize I get -
>> >
>> > nick at macbookpro-debian:~$ sudo apt-get install clang-modernize-3.8
>> > [sudo] password for nick:
>> > Reading package lists... Done
>> > Building dependency tree
>> > Reading state information... Done
>> > E: Unable to locate package clang-modernize-3.8
>> > E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'clang-modernize-3.8'
>> >
>> > Any ideas as to why just this one package would be giving problems?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Nick Wiggill
>> > mobile +27 (0) 825457544

Nick Wiggill