[llvm-dev] [Openmp-dev] [cfe-dev] RFC: Proposing an LLVM subproject for parallelism runtime and support libraries

Mehdi Amini via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 22 15:05:48 PDT 2016

> On Apr 22, 2016, at 3:01 PM, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I feel like this thread got a bit stalled. I'd like to pick it up and try to suggest a path forward.
>
> I don't hear any real objections to the overall idea of having an LLVM subproject for parallelism runtimes and support libraries. I think we should get that created.

I think it should be clarified if "parallelism runtimes and support libraries" are intended to expose user-level APIs or if these are intended to expose APIs for the compiler generated code (this may be part of your point about "writing up its charter, scope" but I also think it shouldn't be underestimated as a task so I called it out).

Otherwise you plan sounds good to me.

--
Mehdi