[llvm-dev] Refactor BitcodeWriter into classes?

Teresa Johnson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 21 11:25:40 PDT 2016

I am currently making some BitcodeWriter changes that involve some
refactoring, and am thinking for the Nth time that it would be much nicer
to have a class instead of passing around a long list of parameters. I am
thinking of biting the bullet and doing that - any objections?

I assume the reason why there is no existing class wrapping the bitcode
writing process is just legacy code and nothing else?

It seems like at the least a simple class could hold the common elements
used by the various bitcode writing routines, and I might want to add a
specialized class to manage the ThinLTO combined index file generation.

Thanks,
Teresa

--
Teresa Johnson |  Software Engineer |  tejohnson at google.com |  408-460-2413