[llvm-dev] [RFC] Using D3 in LNT?

Kristof Beyls via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 21 09:18:14 PDT 2016

> On 21 Apr 2016, at 17:15, Chris Matthews <chris.matthews at apple.com> wrote:
>
> I love D3.  This is a great idea.  Maybe we can finally kill flot!
>
> We are going to have to start using the html data attributes more; but that is a good thing IMO.
>
> D3 would greatly simply some of our CSS/templates too.  I am regularly surprised how hard it is to make a cell turn colors in our current jinja macro setup.
>
> Is it okay to have D3 checked into the LNT repo, or should we use a CDN link?

Not using a CDN link would mean you can work offline with an LNT server installed on your laptop, for example.
Otherwise, I'm as happy with using a CDN link instead of importing it into the LNT repo. I can't think of another reason not to use a CDN link.
I don't really have a strong preference either way.

Do you have a preference?

Thanks,

Kristof