[llvm-dev] Adding a new instruction

Ammar Naqvi via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 19 13:19:34 PDT 2016

So i fixed this error, i had to add LLVMincrement in core.h as a BINOP and
a couple more fixes after this fix, however, after a successful make, LLVM
still does not recognize my increment instruction and i get the *error
expected instruction opcode *when i run with lli.

Please guide if anyone has added any instruction successfully to LLVM, does
not necessarily have to be a binary op,i'll pick up from wherever we are, I
can not find anything at all except the official link which doesn't seem
very helpful! :(