[llvm-dev] Question about compiler-rt builtins targets

ardi via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 14 09:25:45 PDT 2016

Hi,

Short version: Is it possible to enable *all* builtins architectures? How?

Longer explanation:
I don't quite understand how compiler-rt targets are decided to be
built while invoking cmake from the LLVM tree.

I tend to believe that builtins and sanitizers (the two big parts in
compiler-rt) are quite different monsters, but however they share the
same build decisions and (if I'm not mistaken) they're built for the
same set of targets. This seems to be somewhat inconvenient, because I
want that my clang binary had builtins support for all the targets I
enabled, and not only for those that have sanitizers support on the
host machine.

I disabled sanitizers in my build because they're quite difficult to
compile in older OSs (so I invoke cmake with
-DCOMPILER_RT_BUILD_SANITIZERS=OFF), but however, when invoking cmake,
it's telling me that compiler-rt is targeting i386 and x86_64. No
mention of the rest of LLVM targets I'm building.

How can I get builtins for all architectures that have builtins support?

Thanks!