[llvm-dev] ABI for i256 in MCJIT

Paweł Bylica via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 14 04:59:54 PDT 2016

Hi,

I have a small JIT project based on MCJIT. The generated LLVM IR code uses
the i256 type. Also, the jitted code has to call back the host application
from time to time. E.g. it calls a function i256 @callback(i256).

   1. Can the callback function be implemented on the host application side
   (C/C++) to match the ABI used for the call by MCJIT? Or maybe the i256 has
   be to be casted to any struct type on LLVM side to make that possible?
   2. Should that work correctly on different host OSes?

So far I used pointer arguments for both arguments and return types. But
I'm afraid that using pointers blocks a lots of optimizations.

- Paweł