[llvm-dev] lit conditional compilation/checking?

Matthias Braun via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 13 16:44:20 PDT 2016

If the new tests should not be run together with the old tests just consider creating a new file. In general mixing tests is of course possible:

- Specify a target triple in the RUN: line to force output for a specific system, this works regardless of your host system. (However make sure that the target you specify is actually available by placing the test in a directory with lit.local.cfg set apropriately).
- You can specify multiple check-prefixes with FileCheck. A typical pattern would be:

RUN: ... flags for variant1 | FileCheck %s --check-prefix=CHECK --check-prefix=VARIANT1
RUN: ... flags for variant2 | FileCheck %s --check-prefix=CHECK --check-prefix=VARIANT2

CHECK: check this for all variants
VARIANT1: ...
VARIANT2: ...

In general the best way to learn how to write good tests is spending some time looking into the existing ones.

- Matthias