[llvm-dev] Status of the official LLVM APT repositories

Andrew Wilkins via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 12 18:48:10 PDT 2016

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 at 09:38 Amaury SECHET <deadalnix at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd be happy to do it, but this is a bit much high level for me to be
> actionable. Can you explain me what I should do to reintroduce them int he
> debian packaging ?

On the CMake side, I'm not sure. I think it's just a matter of using the
"install()" functions to install them into the appropriate place in the
tree. They weren't installed by CMake in the first place; I was going to do
that, which is when I was told they shouldn't be distributed.

For Debian packaging, there are a few things.
1) revive the llvm-X.Y-tools.* files, which were in LLVM 3.7. See:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-llvm/llvm-toolchain/branches/3.7/debian/
.
2) add the llvm-X.Y-tools entry back into control. Compare
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-llvm/llvm-toolchain/branches/3.7/debian/control?revision=1843&view=markup
 and
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-llvm/llvm-toolchain/branches/3.8/debian/control?revision=1881&view=markup
.
3) update the "rules" script as necessary to support the above, copying
files into the places that the Debian package layout expects

HTH,
Andrew