[llvm-dev] Status of the official LLVM APT repositories

Andrew Wilkins via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 12 17:56:14 PDT 2016

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 at 08:10 Amaury SECHET via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I'd like to shime in here. These apt repository used to contain packages
> named llvm-3.8-tools containing, amongst other things, the lit python
> library used to test llvm. It seems that it went away recently and I have
> travis build failing because of this.
>
> What is going here ? It that just a mistake ? Is there something I can do
> to help get this package back ?

I removed llvm-lit, among other utilities, after receiving guidance that
they were not intended for distribution to LLVM users. Sounds like that was
wrong.

You would have to update CMake to install them; and then reintroduce them
into the Debian packaging.

Cheers,
Andrew