[llvm-dev] Implementing a proposed InstCombine optimization

Sanjay Patel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 7 13:46:26 PDT 2016

Yes, if transforming the int op to an FP op induces target-dependent
behavior, then we can't do this transform in InstCombine without some kind
of predication. And we should revert or rein in:
http://reviews.llvm.org/rL249702

As I noted in that commit message, it's not clear what the FP model of LLVM
IR actually is. Based on existing IR transforms, I assumed it was
IEEE-754...ish.