[llvm-dev] RFC: Up front type information generation in clang

John Reagan via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 4 10:54:51 PDT 2016

As an owner of several out-of-tree frontends, I'm mostly happy with this.  It does mean I have to understand DWARF at a larger scope (fine with me, I know people).  It also means I don't have to screw around in LLVM to add my platform-specific tags for things like VMS descriptors and BLISS macros as those get hoisted to my frontend(s).