[llvm-dev] [libunwind][Mips] Problem using gas to assemble UnwindRegistersSave.S

Richard Pennington via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 30 15:36:37 PDT 2015

On 09/30/2015 05:48 AM, Daniel Sanders wrote:
>>> Should the integrated assembler be enabled by default for the Mips?
>> Not yet. There's a number of quiet mis-assembly bugs at the moment. The
>> plan is to switch it on once it's good enough for the Linux kernel and see what
>> bug reports come back.
> Having said this, we had our first successful boot of the Linux kernel build with clang and -fintegrated-as today.

Today just for fun I built clang/LLVM, libc++, libc++abi, libunwind,
musl, binutils, and GDB for Mips
using the integrated assembler. It seemed to work flawlessly.
Now I'm trying to use the newly built tools to build themselves again.
So far so good, but it will take
a while because I have to run the tools using QEMU Linux user space
emulation.

-Rich