[llvm-dev] OpenCL toolset (for AMD GPU)

Tom Stellard via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 29 07:19:04 PDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 01:20:57PM +0000, Paweł Bylica via llvm-dev wrote:
> Hi LLVM,
>
> I would like to compile OpenCL kernel for a specific AMD GPU target. Is it
> possible with the current clang/LLVM?
>
> I started by using `clang -x cl` but it looks like at least some OpenCL
> specific headers are missing (e.g. uint2 is not recognized as a type).
>
> Any links to documentation / tutorials very welcome. Thanks.

Hi,

You need to include OpenCL library headers from libclc
(http://libclc.llvm.org/) to compile most OpenCL code.

Here is an example command:

clang -include /path/to/libclc/headers/clc.h -I /path/to/libclc/headers  -Dcl_clang_storage_class_specifiers -target amdgcn--amdhsa -mcpu=carrizo  $INPUT_FILE -o $OUTPUT_FILE

-Tom