[llvm-dev] Mac OS 10.9.5 startup error

Hayes Converse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 22 13:51:40 PDT 2015

Dear dev:

I’ve been trying to build llvm 2.9 for KLEE on my macbook, and am encountering the following error when I attempt to make:

llvm-2.9/include/llvm/ADT/IntervalMap.h:1973:32: error:
      use 'template' keyword to treat 'newNode' as a dependent template name
    Node[NewNode] = this->map->newNode<NodeT>();
                               ^
                               template
1 error generated.

I saw something similar googling around for the error, it may be a disconnect between this version and OS 10.9.5. I can install 3.6 just fine with homebrew, but unfortunately KLEE only supports 2.9.

If this is a known and as-yet unresolved issue, just let me know and I’ll attempt to find an alternative solution.

Best,
Hayes Converse
University of Texas at Austin