[llvm-dev] How to run all available optimisations

Mehdi Amini via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 17 16:11:43 PDT 2015

Hi,

LLVM provides a facility to initialize a “standard” optimization pass pipeline in PassManagerBuilder, with multiple options (including the optimization level).

It is used in clang (clang/CodeGen/BackendUtil.cpp) or in opt.cpp (see AddOptimizationPasses()).

You can compare your pipeline to clang by trying:

echo "" | clang -x c - -mllvm -debug-pass=Structure -c

—
Mehdi