[llvm-dev] RFC: speedups with instruction side-data (ADCE, perhaps others?)

Marcello Maggioni via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 15 15:19:13 PDT 2015

Here the main problem seem to be that we don’t have a fast way to check for “is this in a certain set”.

In my opinion here the problem is that we don’t have a good (read fast) way for checking that a certain condition applies to an llvm Value.
I believe this bit is trying to address that.

Maybe there is room for improvement in LLVM set-like data structures?
Maybe there is a way to use a BitVector instead and generate from the Value/Instruction a unique linear ID that can be used with that?

Marcello