[llvm-dev] macho-dump deprecation/removal plan

Davide Italiano via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 14 12:43:16 PDT 2015

> From: Alex Rosenberg <alexr at ohmantics.com>
> Date: September 9, 2015 at 8:41:40 PM PDT
> To: Davide Italiano <davide at freebsd.org>
> Subject: Re: macho-dump deprecation/removal plan
>
> I'm happy to reduce the number of tools that reimplement the same concepts when possible. Many thanks for taking this on!
>
> I do have some reservations about some of the rewritten tests that now use llvm-readobj. Most notably, the CHECK lines are now checking that the dump has not only the correct byte values, but also that the character representation of those byte values renders the same as well. For example, the SectionData elements in r247235. Nothing major to worry about, but I can picture a day where we obey locale differently or something and the rendering changes.
>
> Alex

Hi Alex,
sorry for the belated answer but my client ate your e-mail.
I understand your concerns and I agree with them. I'll change CHECK
lines accordingly and send out a review. Do you have any other
comments?

Thanks,

--
Davide

"There are no solved problems; there are only problems that are more
or less solved" -- Henri Poincare