[llvm-dev] adding prefixes to certain instructions x86 -- where to start?

mats petersson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 11 09:09:46 PDT 2015

And if you still really think this is what you want to do, perhaps using a
special address space is the easiest way to "annotate the instruction".
With the benefit that you get some help from within LLVM if you try to mix
restricted and unrestricted pointers without the appropriate address space
cast.

--
Mats

>>> http://wiki.osdev.org/X86-64_Instruction_Encoding#Operand-size_and_address-size_override_prefix