[llvm-dev] alloca combining, not (yet) possible ?

Nat! via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 11 03:14:53 PDT 2015

Just to wrap this up from two previous threads.

I decided against doing alloca combining (with a passed in alloca) in
llvm altogether. Instead I do some AST analysis in the codegen stage and
output code in non-combined or combined form, depending on the result.
This works fine and keeps all my stuff contained within clang.

Ciao
    Nat!

P.S. TailCallElim, pretty much only does call elimination as the header
and the name suggest (and not the optimization) but it is an important
analysis step, marking calls as tail calls. So I would have had to put
by llvm optimization pass AFTER TailCallElim.