[llvm-dev] LLVM coding standards and order of includes

Martin J. O'Riordan via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 10 09:00:05 PDT 2015

Generally it is safer to include ISO headers first (using the ‘#include <...>’ form) so as to minimise the possibility that a later user declaration or macro definition interferes with the correctness of the Standard libraries.  It also tends to make pre-compiled header implementations faster and more shareable across a larger set of files.

I would like to suggest revising the LLVM coding standard to place the “System #includes” first.

            MartinO