[llvm-dev] [OpenCL] Implicit arithmetic conversion of INT_MIN to int vector type

Pflanzer, Moritz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 10 06:01:01 PDT 2015

Thanks for the explanations.

I already noticed how the OpenCL C standard defines the macro but I was not sure whether there is a special reason for defining it as subtraction instead of using the number itself. The handling of the minus as unary operator explains why the number itself cannot be used.

I discovered this issue because the definition of INT_MIN in the libclc headers does not follow the OpenCL C standard and uses the number -2147483647 directly. This caused the compilation of some of my kernels to fail with the error of clang. I sent a separate email to the libclc developers and asked them to change the definition to be conferment with the standard and to avoid these problems.

Regards,

Moritz