[llvm-dev] LibC++ tests in tree

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 8 01:27:27 PDT 2015

On 8 September 2015 at 00:02, Eric Fiselier <eric at efcs.ca> wrote:
> @Renato: What OS are you having issues on? I'll turn off linking
> "-lrt" right away.

Linux. Thanks!

I got the AArch64 bot green
(http://buildmaster.tcwglab.linaro.org/builders/clang-cmake-aarch64-prototype)
by applying these two fixes.

Another error that will not be fixed by just removing -lrt are the
missing symbols that are present in libgcc/compiler-rt, since, because
they're using no std libs, neither are being included.

So, either I have to add the builtins.a in LDFLAGS, or you have to add
the dependency on either libgcc or compiler-rt on the tests
themselves.

Let me know when you have the fixes, so I can remove the symlink and
let the bot in a vanilla state.

>> 2. Shouldn't we disable the "en_US" locales if they cannot be used,
>> just like the "fr_FR" ones?
>
> Yes we should. Do you have any information about how many tests need this
> treatment?

23, logs attached.

It'd be good to have *some* locale tests, though. Maybe spread over
the most common ones, or use "C" or "POSIX" or something that all
environments are required, for the tests that make no difference.

> That might be more tricky because I imagine the expected results depend
> on the fact that "en_US" is being used for a lot of tests. I think
> we should avoid using the "default" locale in all of the tests.

Or, if possible, try to set up the locale before running the tests,
though, I'm not an expert in locales, so I'm not sure how to do that.
:)

cheers,
--renato