[llvm-dev] LibC++ tests in tree

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 7 08:32:20 PDT 2015

Folks,

I'm running the libc++ tests in tree [1] and I'm seeing two class of errors:

1. -lrt is used, but there is no such "librt.a" in the path. Results
are that some symbols are not found, or that the DSO object wasn't.
Adding a symlink in build/lib/librt.a to
build/clang/3.8.0/lib/linux/libclang_rt.builtins-aarch64.a worked.

2. "collate_byname failed to construct for en_US.UTF-8". My box is
setup with locale as "en_GB.UTF-8" but it also has "en_US". Changing
the locale of the machine to "en_US" didn't help either. There are
other locale tests ("fr_FR") that get disabled if you don't have that
locale, but not the "en_US".

So, my questions:

1. Is "librt.a" the official name when we install LLVM+RT? I did try
"ninja install" after building Compiler-RT and got nothing of the
sort. However, libclang_rt.builtins-aarch64.a is at clang/... and I
got libc++ and libunwind shared objects at build/lib. Is this just an
installation issue? Or the wrong assumption by the tests? Maybe we
should just add the symlink whenever RT is built?

2. Shouldn't we disable the "en_US" locales if they cannot be used,
just like the "fr_FR" ones? Shouldn't we try to enquire what's the
default locale of the system and use that instead? But for the time
being, what would be a quick fix to make the tests run and pass for
now?

cheers,
--renato

[1] http://buildmaster.tcwglab.linaro.org/builders/clang-cmake-aarch64-prototype