[llvm-dev] Fuzzing complex programs

Greg Stark via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 3 10:48:27 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 6:45 PM, Kostya Serebryany <kcc at google.com> wrote:
> Did you build the Postgres code with -fsanitize-coverage=... ?

Yes:

CC = clang
CFLAGS = -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
-Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels
-Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing
-fwrapv -Wno-unused-command-line-argument -g -O0 -fsanitize=address
-fsanitize-coverage=edge,indirect-calls,8bit-counters

What I'm now wondering is I saw somewhere that it was important to use
clang to link. I think the build might have used ld to link.

Is there a way I can test the binary to see what's up?

--
greg