[llvm-dev] Rerunning TailCallElim at a later stage

Nat! via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 3 08:57:25 PDT 2015

Hi

from what I have figured out, the pass "TailCallElim" is being done in
what I would call the "opt" phase of optimization. The "StackColoring"
is being done in the "llc" phase. opt -> llc, so TailCallElim is always
ahead.

Now I would like to add something (my reusealloca idea) in
"StackColoring" to get rid of some allocas, which inhibit "TailCallElim".

* Is it possible to rerun (if even possible at that stage) the
"TailCallElim" at this stage ?

* Is it possible to make "StackColoring" into an "opt" pass and try to
get it ahead of "TailCallElim" ? I guess not, though I can see how
"RegisterColoring" is dependent on architecture, but I don't really see
it for allocas.

Ciao
    Nat!

P.S. AU.addRequired<TailCallElim>(); would not work BTW.