[llvm-dev] lld on Windows

Russell Wallace via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 3 08:56:34 PDT 2015

C:\t>type a.c
#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
  puts("hello");
  return 0;
}

C:\t>cl /c a.c
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.00.23026 for x64

a.c

C:\t>lld
Select the appropriate flavor
OVERVIEW: LLVM Linker

USAGE: lld [options] <inputs>

  -core           CORE linking
  -flavor <value> Flavor for linking, options are gnu/darwin/link
  -help           Display this help message
  -target <value> Select the target
  -version        Display the version

C:\t>lld -flavor link a.obj
Cannot open /GUARDSYM:__C_specific_handler,S.obj: no such file or directory