[llvm-dev] Do Frontends need to care about alignment?

Philip Reames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 1 09:17:27 PDT 2015

The other case is that your ABI might require a particular alignment.
While some of the details of calling conventions are handled by LLVM
itself, some have to be specified by the frontend. There's been
discussion on this divide on the mailing list before.

(p.s. I know you mentioned this in your question.  Just mentioning it
for completeness.)