[llvm-dev] opt: undefined symbol: _ZN4llvm9DebugFlagE

Irini via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 30 09:01:24 PDT 2015

Hi list,

I try to run my pass by executing:
     opt -load ../../../Release+Asserts/lib/MyPass.so -MyPassName

But I get this error:

Error opening '../../../Release+Asserts/lib/MyPass.so':
../../../Release+Asserts/lib/MyPass.so: undefined symbol:
_ZN4llvm9DebugFlagE
   -load request ignored.
opt: Unknown command line argument '-MyPassName'. Try: 'opt -help'

I've googled this error but everything I find is about 'enabling
assertions' that I've already done.
This error seems quite weird to me as I was running successfully my pass
until I changed the src folder.
After adapting accordingly the paths on the makefile, I get the above error.

I'd really appreciate any help on this.
Thanks in advance,

--
--Irini