[llvm-dev] DragonEgg for gcc-5 and llvm-3.6

James Y Knight via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 28 10:33:37 PDT 2015

On Oct 28, 2015, at 11:52 AM, Martin J. O'Riordan via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Thanks very much for working on Dragonegg.  I don’t have an answer for your specific problem, but there has been discussion on the topic of the LLVM licensing agreement that seems to be considering dropping Dragonegg, I’m not sure if you are aware of this?

Dragonegg appears to be licensed under GPLv2-or-later, as old GCC was. (Or maybe it has incorporated GPLv3-or-later code from newer GCC versions into it too, making it actually GPLv3-or-later now). In either case, there'd be no license issue, as GPLv3 *is* compatible with the proposed switch of LLVM to the Apache2 license.

So I believe there should be no problem there.