[llvm-dev] add intrinsic function support for customized backend

Xiangyang Guo via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 22 11:50:57 PDT 2015

Hi, Gaël,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I tried the pattern matching first,
however, the intrinsic function is matching with a normal function call.

For example, I have the following IR, which contains intrinsic function
"foo":
*define i32 @test_func() {*
*EntryBlock:*
*  %0 = call i32 @llvm.foo.i32.i32(i32 2, i32 3)*
*  ret i32 %0*
*}*

*declare i32 @llvm.foo.i32.i32(i32, i32)*
In InstroInfo.td, I define a pseudo instruction like this :
*let isPseudo = 1 in {*
*  def FOO : MyPseudoInst<(outs GRRegs:$dst) , (ins GRRegs:$src1,
GRRegs:$src2),*
*                      "foo $dst, $src1, $src2",*
*                      [(set i32:$dst, (int_foo i32:$src1, i32:$src2))]> {*
*  }*
*} *

I want to check the pattern matching first, so I have not implement the
part of instruction lowering. Actually, I'm planing to make a
source-to-source compiler, so the Pseudo instruction  is enough for me.
Then I use llc to dump the asm file. However, it gives me
*        invoke llvm.foo.i32.i32, v0, v1*
*        return v0*
As you can see, it matchs with function call (the invoke instruction).  Do
you have any idea how I can fix this? Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Xiangyang

: